I’ve seen a few bloggers do these kinds of posts and they interest me a lot. It shows kind of how a person has grown up and the sort of trials and tribulations they’ve had to go through up until this point. These types of posts are also just good in general for advice. You never know what someone is going through so you never know how much what you write will help. So I that’s just a few reasons i enjoy these posts and now that I’m 20 and (in the smallest of aspects) an adult I figured I’d write my own! SO here are 20 Things I’ve Learned After Turning 20
- You are still growing and changing. Don’t rush to figure out who you are. Let it come to you.
- Get rid of toxic relationships. Whether it be your SO, best friend, or parents. Holding on will only hurt worse
- Don’t be afraid of the new things you find out about yourself. They’ll be subject to change themselves as quickly as you adopted them. Trust ME.
- EXPLORE! There are literally a shit ton of things in this world you have no clue about. Things you’ve never heard of or imagined! Go and find them.
- You don’t know what you’re doing. Neither do I. None of us do. Just go with it.
- You’re gonna plan things. You’re not gonna stick with them. Don’t hate yourself too much. You have time, just be a little more careful.
- You’re gonna feel like some of your friends are fucking light years ahead of you. It doesn’t matter. Your doing your life your way, at your pace. Just don’t get stuck in your current state. Continuously push yourself to your dreams.
- You’re gonna struggle to find balance in pretty much everything right now. It is what it is. We just became legal adults.
- Say fuck it and let go every once in a while. It’s okay to do whatever your want sometime. Just don’t get off track of your plans.
- Embrace the weird shit you find yourself gravitating towards. I guarantee there are plenty others who are into it as well. Search for them and make new friends.
I wanted to make 20 things, but I could only come up with like 10 so here it is! Hope you guys enjoyed this post. What are some things you’ve learned at your age? Lemme know in the comments below.